IRD - 20 January 2012 (updated 4 September 2013)
All New Zealand residents and people entitled to live here permanently up to
the age of 65 are eligible for KiwiSaver.
- $1,000 tax free "kick-start" when a member first joins
- Pays an annual member tax credit to eligible members
- Funds the first home deposit subsidy through Housing New Zealand for people who meet the criteria
Note: KiwiSaver is not guaranteed by the Government.
- Give new employees and other staff who are interested a KS3 - Employee Information
- Forward employee’s details to Inland Revenue to enable them to be enrolled
- Deduct contributions from employee’s gross salary and pay these to IRD through the PAYE system
Compulsory Employer Contributions
Employers must contribute to their employee's KiwiSaver scheme at a rate of 3% of the
employee's gross salary or wages.
More details on the Employer’s role are available here.
KiwiSaver Scheme Providers
All information is correct at the date of article
publication. Please note we provide the information as a service only. Accordingly, the contents are
not intended as a substitute for specific professional advice and should not be relied upon for that
Back | Print this page